Sunday, September 30, 2012

Heavy Rain!

This is what happens when we have a heavy rain for an hour or two.

I have a ditch on the side of my house, and, when we have a hard, strong rain, this is what happens.




The water rose to the property line, but, once the heavy rain stopped, the water began receding.


Below, one of my Leghorns laid an egg in the fire pit and sat there for about 20 minutes, keeping it dry.

We've had a worrisome morning.  I'm afraid the girls are going to be swept away by the water, since they love to go down in the ditch to forage.  Henry the roo has been keeping an eye on them, though.


Really, I don't know of anything more contrary than a wet hen.  They've been fussy for two days!

Hope you stay high and dry!

3 comments:

Wil said...

I am dropping in on different blog sites to see if I am able to leave a comment.

Unknown said...

Rain rain go away, come again another day. That's what I think of everytime it starts raining.

dotsmom said...

My gardens love the rain, but not too much of it!

K. Smith